Welcome to Metha's Author Spotlight

Hi all,

My name is Metha Metharom, and I am an author of three books and in the spirit of wanting to help out other new budding writers, I have set up this blog site to interview these writers for free.

Aside from this I also run a personal blog site at MMetharom's Blog Space and Metha's Book Review.

See you,



Metha Metharom

Metha's Author Spotlight Form

Picture of yourself: An Author's Spotlight looks better with a picture you can refer to.
Name:
Books:
Current Projects:
Use three words to describe a bit about yourself:
Tell us a bit about yourself:
Give us a blurb about your latest release:
What makes it stands out amongst the crowd?:
Which book of yours would you describe as your favourite?:
Why do you write?:
Could you give us a spoiler perhaps even a snippet about your current project?:
What kind of Author do you aspire to be?:
If you have a lulu account copy and paste the flash widget and submit it along with this form to metha.metharom@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our Very First Spotlight: Anastasia Cassella-Young



Name: Anastasia Cassella-Young

Books:

Anastasia’s Mind Fog

Home Health Cures & Special Household Quick Tips

Letter to My Brother

Love at First Sight?

Murder, Secrets and Injustice in a Small Town (Co-authored by Theodocia McLean)

Justice is Served – Sequel to Murder, Secrets and Injustice in a Small Town

Stalk or be Stalked

The Rogue Bear & Other Short Stories

The Seiners

Two Sides of a Bi-polar Survivor

Current Projects: None at this time.

Use three words to describe a bit about yourself:

Professional

Artistic

Imaginative

Tell us a bit about yourself:

I was born in Bar Harbor, Maine and raised in Jonesboro. I left college to get married and travel with my musician husband who passed away at age 39 when our only son was 9. I traveled the eastern seaboard several times stopping to live in New York City, Flushing and St. Petersburg, Florida only to return to Maine in the aftermath of 9/11 with my son. I am disabled with psychological and physical disabilities. I am currently remarried to a wonderful man.

Give us a blurb about your latest release:

My latest release is a first for me. My first attempt at a romance novel is called ‘Love at First Sight?’ It is about Louise who believes in love at first sight and who believes she found a love at first sight. She finds she was mistaken after many mishaps and adventures with this love it turns sour. She then decides not to have any men in her life until she meets someone else. Is this truly a love at first sight this time?

What makes it stands out amongst the crowd?

It stands out amongst the crowd because of the various things that go on while Louise thinks she is in love and then the ending of course stands out from others!

Which book of yours would you describe as your favourite?

My favorite book is ‘The Seiners’ because my dad and I wrote it a long time ago before he passed away. My mother finally said it was okay to publish seeing that I have been an author for a long time now. I am pleased at the story itself and its correlation to life that people can understand. The adventures Johnny Cavelli faces in the story are wide and various. He goes from poor to rich and then has trouble from his competition and Johnny calls Uncle Vittorio to help him out not knowing that when he was called upon to pay back the help it would be something he didn’t want to get involved in. You’d have to read it to see how he gets out of it. The ending is surely a surprise ending.

Why do you write? I write because I started journaling a long time ago in the form of poetry. Then my aunt suggested I publish it. Then I decided to publish my short stories. From there my aunt, Theodocia McLean (also an author), and I co-wrote a murder story called ‘Murder, Secrets and Injustice in a Small Town’. We had fun doing it. Then we decided on a sequel but she was so busy writing her own stuff she left the sequel up to me. I went on from there to write all the others listed here.

Could you give us a spoiler perhaps even a snippet about your current project? A snippet or spoiler of my ‘Love at First Sight?’ will probably have to be my Prologue.

Prologue

Armando asked “Louise, may I have your phone number to call you?”

Louise answered him with “Definitely, I’ve had a great time and I would love it!”

As Louise started to leave Armando decided to walk her to her car. As she unlocked the car he just stood there. When she turned around to say good night he put his arms around her and kissed her passionately. Louise was a bit shocked but returned his kiss as passionately and he pulled her close so that she could feel the bulge of his manhood making her loins ache again. She then said good night to him and opened her door.

“I will call you tomorrow if that is okay,” Armando said.

She said, “That will be fine. I look forward to hearing from you.”

Armando stood there and watched her pull out of the driveway onto Route 1 to head home. He made a mental note as to which direction she headed. He knew she lived quite a ways away from there but hadn’t asked where.

Armando slowly walked to his car feeling dreamy and peaceful. Had he finally met someone he could be with? He didn’t know but certainly felt an attraction to Louise just from the little bit of time they had together tonight.

Armando unlocked his car, opened the door and got in. He sat there a few minutes pondering about Louise. Then he started his car and pulled out of the driveway onto Route 1 headed in the same direction Louise had gone but soon made a left hand turn on Route 183 to head back to his small town of Dennysfield. He wondered where she lived and thought about her all the way home.

In the meantime Louise was driving dreamily home wondering if Armando could be a man that she could have in her life. Then her illness kicked in and she started to panic. ‘What if I get in an accident? Will I flip my car over? Will I hang there upside down all night without anyone noticing me? Will I be able to reach my cell phone?’ She grabbed her cell phone and put in her shirt pocket while she was driving. ‘I’ve got to stop thinking like this,’ she said to herself and the thoughts went away. This was part of Louise’s illness. Panic and anxiety attacks where ever and when ever her mind started to roam.

What kind of Author do you aspire to be? I aspire to be an author that everyone will admire for the quality of my work and my professionalism of my work.

If anyone is interested you may visit her store here


No comments: